It’s not only the visual design which determine the success or failure of any project but its usability and utility that are more important to seek visitor’s attention. All around the world designers are trying their best to make the web design user-centric which has become the standard approach for a successful and profit oriented website.
Here we have presented some of the principles that makes an effective, engaging, easy to use and pleasant web design?
Before we start the effective web development approach-
First, you should consider the visitors behavior or habit on the web. If your site contains a quality content and attractive graphical images you would likely gain a lot of traffic over years.
Second, Analyze each web page as user don’t read they scan the whole text while searching some fixed anchors.
Third, user are impatient if your designers is not able to meet their expectation the company loses its money as well as the potential customers.
Fourth, users follow their intuition, they don’t care what information designer has provided, and if they find something interesting they stick to it.
Now let’s start some designing principles:
• Don’t make users think – the navigation and site structure must be intuitive.
• Don’t be wasteful with user’s patience- let users explore the services and tools you offer without forcing them to enter any private data.
• Manage to focus users’ attention - Focusing users’ attention to specific areas of the site with a use of beautiful and appealing visual elements.
• Make use of effective writing - use short and concise phrases, scannable layout to give user some objective reason why they should choose your service.
• Work on simplicity instead of complexity - In most cases people are looking for the information despite the design.so create a user-friendly print-version of web pages.
• Don’t be afraid of the white space – it is better to separating two design segments by a visible line or a white space to reduce the cognitive load.
• Test early, test frequently - testing always produce a useful results also testing one user is 100% better than testing none.
• Communicate effectively with a “visible language”.
• Use a clear and consistent conceptual structure. The 3 fundamental principles involved in this – organize, economize and communicate.
Keeping business objectives in mind, you should design a site for the user not for ourselves. Implementing these web design principles you can improve your conversion rate in other words you can get financially rewarding results.